The First Four, round of 64 and round of 32 have now been played and there were no shortage of memorable moments and unbelievable upsets.
Teams in the Sweet 16:
(7) Michigan [26-11] VS (3) Oregon [31-5]
(4) West Virginia [28-8] VS (1) Gonzaga [34-1]
(4) Purdue [27-7] VS (1) Kansas [30-4]
(2) Arizona [32-4] VS (11) Xavier [23-13]
(4) Butler [25-8] VS (1) North Carolina [29-7]
(7) South Carolina [24-10] VS (3) Baylor [27-7]
(3) UCLA [31-4] VS (2) Kentucky [31-5]
(8) Wisconsin [27-9] VS (4) Florida [26-8]
( ) – Original Seed , [ ] – Overall Record
Major Upsets in the first three rounds:
No. 1 overall seed and defending champion Villanova gets eliminated in a close game to 8th seeded Wisconsin. This bracket busting upset in the round of 32 could possibly be the biggest upset of the tournament, followed closely by Duke’s upset by South Carolina. Final Score: 65-62
No. 2 Seeded Duke, filled with potential first-round NBA draft picks, got upset by 7th seed South Carolina. Duke’s lack of a solid floor general and point guard showed as they struggled to control the pace and went on to turn the ball over 18 times compared to South Carolina’s 11 turnovers. Final Score: 88-81
A blow-out upset came in the form of no.11 Xavier, upsetting No.3 Florida State by a whopping 25 points. The score line says it all; Florida State was simply outclassed by a gunning Xavier and could never quite get themselves into the game. Final Score: 91-66
The sweet 16 begins on Thursday March 23 at 6:09pm CT on CBS and continues throughout the night and throughout the evening of Friday the 24.