Will County Parishes and Other Organizations Work to Help the Hungry
Whether you’re in need, worried about feeding yourself or your family, or are filled with the urge to help those less fortunate this holiday season, Will County is prepared.
As the holiday season quickly approaches, churches and other organizations in Will County are promoting their food pantries. Whether you need help or want to help, there are a surplus of food pantries and events in the community.
Here are just some of the events and food banks in the Joliet area to visit this season:
• Annual Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway – 6:30 p.m. on November 20 at the Glory International Harvest Church, 28 E. Fourth Ave., Joliet. For information, call Sis Suzette at (815)-409-3073.
• Daybreak Center: Shepherd’s Table – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every Monday through Friday. For food, call (815)-774-4663. To volunteer, email Stephanie Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fellowship Bible’s Food Pantry – First and third Thursday of each month. The church serves 50 families at a time. After the first 50, families will be put on a waiting list, when one family leaves, the next family on the list will be allowed to come in. For food or to volunteer, call (815)-727-1530.
• Lebanon District Laymen Ministry’s food pantry – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. the fourth Saturday of every month. For food or to volunteer, call (815)-723-9445.
• Life Line Food Pantry – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. every Wednesday. For food or to volunteer, call (815)-722-2570.
• Lemont United Methodist Church’s food pantry – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For information, call (630)-257-5210.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved and give back to the community.
Will County local and head of junior high ministry at Three Rivers Church in Plainfield, Mat Tuck, recalled volunteering at local food pantries stating, “It was cool, fun and I felt very accomplished afterwards, it’s definitely a better way to spend a Saturday morning than watching TV.”
If your church or organization hosts a food pantry or other event to help the hungry, send the information and/or photos to http://email@example.com to help spread the word.